AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I am looking to see if anyone knows if wired bass shakers which I currently have installed in my theater seats can be made wireless. When my new home is completed, I will need a solution. Is there something that can be purchased that will be wireless to the seats and then from that transformer I can wire each seat?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Just a thought.... since you mentioned this is a new home construction- it is possible to cut a channel into a foundation that has already been poured to run wires to a point in the floor. The flooring can then be applied on top (carpet, tile, wood, etc...). My builder has done this many times. Unless you already have tile or wood in place, this may be an option for you.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Buttkicker makes a wireless setup.

Of course, you have to power the amp from somewhere. You have to have wires either for power or from the receiver or both. The Buttkicker kit allows you to eliminate the signal wire from the receiver.

·
Registered
470 Posts
There are devices you can buy to create wireless speaker zones in you house. You can use a two channel version and have it drive the bass shakers. Here is a best buy device

Rocketfish™ - Wireless Sender/Receiver

Model: RF-RBAUX | SKU: 9426105

·
Registered
22,519 Posts
Be aware than some wireless audio links that are meant for full-range audio don't play nice with LF. I have 2 different ones that distort badly with anything under 30Hz. S/N ratios can also be pretty dismal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts