AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have diplexed my satellite and antenna signals through one cable and then split them back out one the other end with another diplexer. The signals from my dish and antenna work fine however my antenna is amplified and I have the amplifier connected to the antenna end of my diplexer. Is this okay or do I just need to run another cable for my antenna? Am I getting the full benifit of my amplifier when it is hooked up through the diplexer?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by millertime
I have diplexed my satellite and antenna signals through one cable and then split them back out one the other end with another diplexer. The signals from my dish and antenna work fine however my antenna is amplified and I have the amplifier connected to the antenna end of my diplexer. Is this okay or do I just need to run another cable for my antenna? Am I getting the full benifit of my amplifier when it is hooked up through the diplexer?
There should be no issues with doing that obviously a straight run from the amp to the receiver will insure less loss than going through a diplexer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.