Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/mods

I was wondering if it is legal to purchase a username from another member.

There is a member here who has a username that I absolutely wish I had thought of and I' like to make him an offer.

The thing is that this guy is a legend in his short time here and i would never be able to contunue his legacy.

I think it can be done but we would need to reset the IP assessed to his name.

I've PM'd him my offer.

Steve

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Steve, you are crazy. 'IP set to his name'? I've logged onto AVS from numerous IPs, many of them not even in my own home. Simply negotiate with the person and if successful have him change the email addy to you and then you change the pwd. Done.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton
I've thought it over but I'm not selling at this time.

Well,.. then again, Ok, for the right offer you can buy my user name and if you want my identity too.
We know you're kidding, because it is pretty obvious that he is trying to buy raster's username. :)

--Darin

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well I've registered "raster" at outofsync, but that was so I could lock it up and throw away the key.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I'm sure I would not be the only one who would heavily frown upon you giving that a... cash for his name, and there is nothing cool about the name anyway, certainly not any more.

However... If you get the little *#$&^%# to take your money let us all know his real name, email address, or whatever you get.

Troy

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Just make me an offer :D , you can even have my wife with the name. ;)

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707
Aha - So, we all know at last - your real name is Rodney Dangerfield? (deadpans it:) "Take my wife...Please")

My wife finally told me just the other night that she has changed her mind, and she is starting to like those two big ugly things hanging from the ceiling. Probably because I finally showed a DVD of a movie that she likes, and for a change she actually sat down and watched it all the way through.

Maybe I will keep her after all :)

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Let it be known, you can't see rasters on the CRT units I flip. If you do, the set is tweaked incorrectly.

Rasters are meant never to be seen or heard. UNlike one here.

:(

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
Let it be known, you can't see rasters on the CRT units I flip. If you do, the set is tweaked incorrectly.

Rasters are meant never to be seen or heard. UNlike one here.

:(

Some people CRANK-UP the brightness, then you have rASter staring you in the face. :p

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
My point exactly.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raster
The reserve price has just gone up for you Mr!!
Do you mean me or or your boyfriend, Curtie? :D

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misohorny
Well I've registered "raster" at outofsync, but that was so I could lock it up and throw away the key.

Cheers,

John
John,

Thanks, but he will just probably register as raster2.:) Hopefully, he will just keep moving, instead of stopping by over there.

Ericglo

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707
Well truth be known it not your name I wanted. I may purchase yours as well but I'll need pics of your wife first. I never buy sight unseen.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by raster
The reserve price has just gone up for you Mr!!
I searched the bay and could not find your auction. Please send link to the auction before I lose out on this golden opportunity.

I'm not kidding.

I WANT THAT NAME.

Curt

If my bid is successful I promise to turn down the brightness a bit. I won't need a service call. I thin I can do it myself.

I'll bet the tubes are virgin. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.