AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Sony RDR-GX7 and like a bone head I inadvertantly deleted a title I wanted to keep (you know that sinking feeling you get when you realize what you've done) on a DVD-R. I have not finalized the disc yet. If I could even play it once to dub it over to another disc would be great.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
948 Posts
It maybe too late if the title and all it's area was erased. But try a search on the WEB(Google) for computer software such as 'Undelete'. If it's still there it's similar to going into the DOS screen and giving the file a new name. I think you would have had better luck if it was a + disc which only hides the title or chapter and doesn't really erase the entire area.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
If you haven't finalized it yet, you may have success with a program called isobuster (search google). Good luck.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The information on a DVD-R can't be physically erased, so if it was burned then the actual bits are on the disc. The trick is to find a piece of software that will ignore all of the information in the disc's table of contents that says "move along folks, nothing to see here....". Not familiar with isobuster but it sounds like a good place to start.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sorry. I forgot about ISOBuster. And, I have it on my computer. I shouldn't post late at night after taking my medication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.