Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Well.....I screwed up.......undersized the conduit to the projector.....I used 2 " PVC and a 90* elbow........now I can't thread my VGA cable through from one end to the other. I don't want to cut open my newly painted drywall if possible..........is it possible to cut one end off the VGA cable...thread it through...and put a new end on after? If so....do you cut it off behind the 15 pin connector...or behind the thing that looks like a miniature plastic 35mm film canister. How would you put a new end on? I'm absolutely desperate for a solution......

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will the cable still work well? It's a triple shielded 25' cable from PCcables.com.....not very expensive...$16.00......but it works well...do I add a new ferrite core, or not? This cable runs from my HTPC to my projector (AE100) and I'd like to keep the picture as "clean" as possible.

Thanks again,

Greg

·
Registered
181 Posts
With most connectors, you don't have to cut the cable. You should be able to puch the pins out of the connector, remove the shield cover, tape the wires and pins together so they don't get damaged, and run a strong cord through your conduit, tie it to the cable and pull it through. If necessary you can get a small pin tool at an electronics store or computer store.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It should fit. Are you pulling it through or just trying to push it? I do not see any reason that even a large hd15 should not fit through, even with the slight squish of the radius...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.