AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...speakers for ht? Has anyone done this before? Is it even worth it? The reason why I ask is because I like the low profiles you get from center channel speakers in general. Any recommendations would be gladly taken.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Rick, I didn't understand the question at first, but I re-read it and think I got it. You want to basically, take a center channel speaker, buy five or siz of them and use them all the way around the room. If that is correct, in most cases, you won't have any problem. In fact, that is a good thing to do, since the sound will be identical from every speaker location. The only thing that will change will be if you take the speakers and mount one vertically then one horizontally then..... This changes the way the sound waves come off the face of the speaker cabinet and can change the sound quality, but it will be pretty minor in most cases, and unless you are a real audiofile, you probably would never notice.

I say this but want to make sure you are going to get a decent center channel design, since some are worse than others. Also, most are sheilded for use over a TV, when you don't need that in the back and most people don't need that on the front main speakers either, so you may be paying more than you need to. BUT, they will all be the same, which is good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rick

Look at the Dynaudio 122 and the B&W LCR 600 the both offer what you are looking for. I liked the Dynaudio more ( for the setup you mentioned) even though I own and love the B&W speakers.

Mike

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. 5 identical speakers for HT. In theory you should get a very matched sound all around. So what brand makes a good LCR speaker that can be used also as a rear surround.

I'm looking in the $2500 range for the 5.

Anybody heard or uses the Paradigm lcr 450?

Jazzy

·
Registered
272 Posts
I seriously considered the Paradigm LCR 350 set up as well as the Energy C series set up a few years ago. They both got great reviews. You might want to look at the Axiom M22 set up, although they have a specific center channel, they have the same drivers. There is a lot to be said for having the same speakers all around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.