Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Panny HD20 and other than the slow menu, the only issues I have is I cannot get NBC OTA. I tried and tried to adjust the antenna, checked the connections etc etc. Funny thing is I get all of the other DC channels. My bad luck is, NBC is the only channel my wife has any interest in.

So this Weds, I buy another STB (Hughes E86). I hook the thing up and guess what? Yupp...NBC comes right in. So I'm happy right???? Not so quick. It's Thanksgiving and I'm having company. Of course I brag on the EDTV Game we'll be watching on FOX. Wouldn't you know it, I can now only get ABC on HD even though last nite we enjoyed every channel on the Hughes. At the end of the day I bring my guests down to check out the Theater and guess what? Yupp...I can get all of the hi def channels on the Panny but NBC.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on. They both share the same antenna. I hooked up the Hughes direct (by passed the splitter) and still nothing. The Hughes can't tune in anything upstairs and the Panny downstairs get's everything sans NBC. The Hughes was working fine last nite and I didn't change a thing.

Very confused and frustrated.

Harlan

·
Registered
310 Posts
Although I could say "fustrated", I usually opt for "frustrated" instead.:)

Sorry I can't help, but I have a SIR-T150 OTA-only box and haven't had either of the STBs you mention. I read about too many people having problems with them back when I was trying to decide which one to buy.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
If you will recall from a previous post of mine, I stated at the time, when it can't be the obvious, it is the obvious. I said it was the STB and it looks like that was the case. It's not out of the ordinary that your new Hughes may have crashed and burned. Return it and get another and your problem should be solved. In that your new Hughes received NBC, it shows your Panny is the problem in not receiving NBC, not your antenna. I assume everything is surge protected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.