AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First a video of what fringing looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kyllx3VaI8

It isn't that bad in person but I can see it very clearly in quite a few games (CoD4 is a major offender) Now what I would like to know is, can you see it, does it bother you, and what your TV model# is, that way we might be able to figure out just how many can see this and for those that can, which brands or specific units are less likely to show this problem.

A good test for this type of blur is on Call of Duty 4 on the level "Charlie don't Surf" At the start of the level I can see blur on the Choppers in the distance as I move the retical around, and as you repel out of the chopper the buildings will blur as you hit the ground. You can also see blur if you pan while looking at the buildings against the sky right after leaving the chopper.

The movie "Sin City" also shows this type of blur very well.

I can see it very well, and it does bother me, model# Panasonic 42px75.

So how many out there can see it?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON /forum/post/12991462

First a video of what fringing looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kyllx3VaI8

It isn't that bad in person but I can see it very clearly in quite a few games (CoD4 is a major offender) Now what I would like to know is, can you see it, does it bother you, and what your TV model# is, that way we might be able to figure out just how many can see this and for those that can, which brands or specific units are less likely to show this problem.

A good test for this type of blur is on Call of Duty 4 on the level "Charlie don't Surf" At the start of the level I can see blur on the Choppers in the distance as I move the retical around, and as you repel out of the chopper the buildings will blur as you hit the ground. You can also see blur if you pan while looking at the buildings against the sky right after leaving the chopper.

The movie "Sin City" also shows this type of blur very well.

I can see it very well, and it does bother me, model# Panasonic 42px75.

So how many out there can see it?

There was already a thread about this. I've seen it on Panasonic and Pioneer models from this year. The Pioneer did it much less than the Panasonic.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg /forum/post/12991489

There was already a thread about this. I've seen it on Panasonic and Pioneer models from this year. The Pioneer did it much less than the Panasonic.

I looked for that thread, the only one I found was one I made a few weeks ago that didn't get a single reply.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg /forum/post/12991546

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=yellow+trail

Here you go...

Wasn't that thread about the flashes and not the actual trailing? It did bring up the problem and how it occurs, but this is more of a poll to find out just how many people can see it, how much it bothers them, and what their PDP is.

(edit)Okay I read through some of the older posts and it does bring up fringing, and since it has been around for so long, I guess there isn't any chance that there will be a fix with the 2008 models either. Looks like I might just have to go LCD.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
For what it's worth I had a Panasonic 1080p model and it was awful for the trails and gaming. It wasn't far off from the video you linked.

I could not have tolerated the Panasonic with my eyes and content, but the Pioneer isn't nearly as severe for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts