AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both cable and DirecTV hooked to my 5080, whenever I create a theme based channel it defaults to the DirecTV input. I’d like it always to default to cable, where I have many sources to watch, rather than occupying my sole DirecTV tuner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Evan

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't have dtv, so I am not speaking from experience, only from what I have read on this forum.

Assuming you would never want to record from dtv if the same channel is available on direct cable, you can use the "delete channel" feature to delete from the guide the dtv channels that duplicate channels available on directly connected cable. This would leave only the cable channels available for recording that content. The dtv channels that do not duplicate directly connected cable would remain available for recording also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
empyle is right--though I don't have DirecTV either, I do have both digital cable and regular cable connected to my 5160. You can delete the DirecTV channels that are duplicates from your Replays channel guide (from the setup menu). The regular cable channels should be found at 1000+. The 1000+ channels are only a little inconvenient (mostly just difficult to explain to other family members).

After deleting the channels, you won't see those channels in the Replay channel guide at all, and they won't be picked for theme recordings. You can still, however, direct tune to them with the number pad on the replay remote.

My wishlist for new features would be channel maps for theme recordings (mostly I'd settle for just one global exclude map I could choose or not, but more flexibility would be better. For some recordings, just being able to choose to limit the theme to just one channel would do it for me.

Hope this helps,

-se

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.