AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm getting a 360 tonight at 12. I was just wondering if tou can link the orginal xbox with the xbox 360. I like to put my old xbox in the living room. And if you can link the two I was going to run in wall cabling. I wanted to play halo with the friends.

If not I may sell my xbox and buy games with the cash. Or pay off some other bills.

Should I ebay it or sell it to gamestop. I think gamestop gives $75 if its in mint condtion which mine is. (I do have to disconect my power mod(I sodered some cabling to the power switch and ran a button next to my chair(yeah I'm that lazy)))

Also am I crazy buying an xbox at midnight knowing to well ill be up for atleast 3 hours playing. Even though I have to work at 8am. I really want one. And I'm waiting in line now for the xbox. I getting the premium too.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Yes you will be able to system link a 360 and a original xbox. I'm keeping my old xbox until it breaks down. How are you waiting in line right now and sending posts at the same time?

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've got a internet enabeld phone (sidekick II). So that's how I'm posting.

Let me ask this next

I've got $110 bucks in best buy money.

What should I get for the 360.

I was thinking call of duty 2 and the media remote or the vga cables with the dvi adaptor (which I already have). I don't have media center on my pc so the remote is just for the mp3 playback ease of use. As I don't like using the conttroller for that.. I got the dvd playback kit for thexbox for the same reson. I already had a dvd recorder and an upconverting player ps2, laserdisc player. And a multi-region dvd player.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx
Well I've got a internet enabeld phone (sidekick II). So that's how I'm posting.

Let me ask this next

I've got $110 bucks in best buy money.

What should I get for the 360.

I was thinking call of duty 2 and the media remote or the vga cables with the dvi adaptor (which I already have). I don't have media center on my pc so the remote is just for the mp3 playback ease of use. As I don't like using the conttroller for that.. I got the dvd playback kit for thexbox for the same reson. I already had a dvd recorder and an upconverting player ps2, laserdisc player. And a multi-region dvd player.
definitely get COD 2...it's right at the top of the list for 360 games. i'd also get a 2nd controller (unless you will always be playing solo.) personally i have no desire to get the remote (i don't even use the free one that came in the box.)

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's a good idea ill get a 2nd wireless controller. Ill get call of duty 2 and a 2nd controller. 50 for the conntroller and 60 for the game that's perfect that means only a few bucks in taxes and I've burnt up the gift cards up..

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The smart thing to do is don't get ANY games when you buy a 360. There are a TON of playable demos you can download! Try before you buy!

PS I'm in the lobby of a movie theater with my GPRS EDGE enabled laptop.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5977
The smart thing to do is don't get ANY games when you buy a 360. There are a TON of playable demos you can download! Try before you buy!

PS I'm in the lobby of a movie theater with my GPRS EDGE enabled laptop.

I would download the demos but I have dial up.

):

so the wait would be unbearible..but I've played the call of duty demo and king kong demo. The call of duty was great. So ill be picking that one up after work tommorow.

I've got 110 bucks in best buy cards so I gotta get somthing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx
I would download the demos but I have dial up.
How the hell would one even connect their 360 to dial up?

The answer: they can't. It's broadband only.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just saying if you could download demos and prehaps save it to CD then put it on the xbox 360. But I'm sure you can't do it that way.

When I downloaded the xbox backwards patch. I put it on cd and in the xbox 360.

That was just over 3 MB and it took my dial up 20 minnites.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLX
How the hell would one even connect their 360 to dial up?

The answer: they can't. It's broadband only.
They can, with a lan conection to a PC sharing it's dial up connection. Obviously not optimal but it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.