AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony Wega tv with component inputs (kv-32fs13), but I dont think they are progressive. Any way to turn the Replay to interlaced?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The component video inputs on older Sony TV's supported interlaced only. I had a 32" xbr model that was this way.

-Skip

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
My panasonic 27" is the same way... interlaced only. Was kind of a bummer, but the picture quality isn't that much better on a simple CRT tv like that.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I still think the interlaced component output on the 5k line would look better than the progressive component out. Just because it's not filtered and I'm sure my $4k TV has a better comb filter.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
I still think the interlaced component output on the 5k line would look better than the progressive component out. Just because it's not filtered and I'm sure my $4k TV has a better comb filter.
I agree. Plus, my 16:9 TV would be able to "smart stretch" 4:3 480i content instead of just expanding it to fit as it does with 480P. Ridiculous...

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BeefStu
I agree. Plus, my 16:9 TV would be able to "smart stretch" 4:3 480i content instead of just expanding it to fit as it does with 480P. Ridiculous...
Yeah, I hate tv's that limit you like that. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.