AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate it! It makes all my 480i sources look like crap. I have a KV36xbr800. Please help me. I've searched this forum to no avail and really want to play N64 Bond. Thank You.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
No, you can't. The KV36xbr800 (like most HDTVs) can't display 480i. If you could completely turn off any sort of conversion ... well, the TV couldn't display the signal.

In case you haven't already done so ... for a game system ... I'd suggest turning the DRC pallette options completely to 0 and using the 'Progressive' DRC mode. I think that's about the best you're going to get. Definately don't use 'Cinemotion'.

If that's still totally unnaceptable ... you could look into a good external scaler. There are probably some that can do the 480i -> 480p conversion in a way that will be acceptable. Of course, they probably also cost more than a good old decent-quality 480i analog TV ...

If the gaming system has some sort of SVideo or component output pack ... that may give an improvement too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dt_dc
Of course, they probably also cost more than a good old decent-quality 480i analog TV ...
Key point there. If you really want the best 480i PQ, then you probably need an analog TV.

At least in my limited experience. That Sony DRC stuff is terrible for older games. :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.