Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this situation. The Sharp Aquos LC-37G4U is listed as having a DVI-I input. I recently purchased a LG LST-4200a STB to decode my cable HDTV channels for this set. The 4200a outputs to a DVI-D cable that it comes with, however the input on the Sharp being a DVI-I, I was not sure if this was going to work??? I contacted Sharp and they told me that it will only work with the DVI-I cable, however I know that the 4200a will not output to a cable of that type due to the difference in adapter. Does anyone have this or a similar set hooked up in this manner and could help me. The STB does not arrive for another few days I just want to be ready for when it does arrive.

Thanks in advance for all your input. :D

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcclune
Hello

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this situation. The Sharp Aquos LC-37G4U is listed as having a DVI-I input. I recently purchased a LG LST-4200a STB to decode my cable HDTV channels for this set. The 4200a outputs to a DVI-D cable that it comes with, however the input on the Sharp being a DVI-I, I was not sure if this was going to work??? I contacted Sharp and they told me that it will only work with the DVI-I cable, however I know that the 4200a will not output to a cable of that type due to the difference in adapter. Does anyone have this or a similar set hooked up in this manner and could help me. The STB does not arrive for another few days I just want to be ready for when it does arrive.

Thanks in advance for all your input. :D
What Sharp told you is unfortunately not correct. You need only a DVI-D single link cable.

A DVI-I has two sides, the digital side and the analog side. The analog side is the four pins around the flat blade. The digital side is all the pins in the rectangular array.

The DVI-I input can take a DVI-D output on the digital side. The "I" part of it is that it can also take a VGA output connected through a VGA to DVI adapter. In this case it is using the analog side of the connection.

There is also a TV menu choice you have to set up to get the DVI configured correctly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...i figured that this was the case, however I have not hooked up any of my components with anything but component cable because that is the best that my AVR will take and I had to make it wife-friendly...however I am going to run the HDTV STB right to the TV and the optical audio right to the AVR. This way I can turn on HDTV. If she wants to watch HD then she will have to learn otherwise...it is analog only for her. Thanks for the heads up! Do you have one of these Sharp models?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.