AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LG 3D TV that came with a wireless adapter for connecting to my Wi-Fi network. I have a Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player that can connect to the Internet by using a wired or wireless connection. Wired is out of the question. Without having to buy another wireless adapter just for the Samsung BD player, is there a way to use my Wi-Fi connected HP laptop to connect to the BD player and access the Internet? There are a few different apps that Samsung offers that I want to access.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Does the samsung player not have a wireless connection?

If it doesn't, then yes it is pretty easy in windows 7. Simply open network and sharing, click change adapter settings, and set your wireless to share. Then plug in your ethernet to your bluray player, and voila!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound dropouts /forum/post/20855342

Does the samsung player not have a wireless connection?

If it doesn't, then yes it is pretty easy in windows 7. Simply open network and sharing, click change adapter settings, and set your wireless to share. Then plug in your ethernet to your bluray player, and voila!

Thanks I will try it. The Samsung BD Player requires an extra wireless adapter to work.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One Samsung app has a pretty good selection of free 3d trailers, documentaries and movies. So I occasionally want to watch them without paying for a second wireless adapter. So I thought I could just use my laptop to connect the Samsung BD player to the Internet and use their app.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
If you have a windows operating system, you can easily do what you want. In Windows 7 it is called bridging, in previous versions it is called internet connection sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.