AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider myself pretty proficient in finding someone's experiences on a topic before asking but I'm striking out.

I'm planning on buying seats from 4seating that come with soundshaker built in. I honestly don't want sound shakers specifically. But since I can't get the chairs without them I'm trying to compromise.

I don't want to use a wireless amp that you can get from 4seating.can I get a normal amp and use it on sound shakers? Or is the amp they make the only one that works.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not sure if this helps, but I use one of those cheap Lepai amps to power my Aura Bass shakers. I just run a single RCA out of the sub pre-out from my receiver to the input of the Lepai. Works great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
There's a sticky with a simple/cheap guide to setting this up. He uses an old receiver to power the shakers.

Shakers - Simple/Cheap Hookup

Hope that helps!

I'm not sure if this helps, but I use one of those cheap Lepai amps to power my Aura Bass shakers. I just run a single RCA out of the sub pre-out from my receiver to the input of the Lepai. Works great.
Scott, which lepai amp are you using?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Lepai LP-2020ti. I got it right when they were becoming popular (maybe 5 years ago?). I initially was using it to power bookshelves, which didn't sound great. But works pretty perfectly to the shakers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Lepai LP-2020ti. I got it right when they were becoming popular (maybe 5 years ago?). I initially was using it to power bookshelves, which didn't sound great. But works pretty perfectly to the shakers.
I have the lepai amp before that one. The 2020A+. I may give it a shot sometime and see how it works.
@udt89 Did your question get answered?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up getting seats by octane with no shakers and will add myself.

Couldn't find the answer so I gave up. I saw a video with the connectors for thr amp and it looked proprietary so I didn't bother.

Plus the price is ridiculous

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also found myself with seats that included soundshakers....3 of them...and I was deliberating what to do....so I removed one of the sound shakers and took it apart.....

The so-called proprietary connector is really simple ...it contains the red positive wire, the black negative, and a black (with white writing) ground connector.....I disassembled the shaker to see if I could wire it with 12 Gauge wire inside of it's housing , but that was not possible....so I simply undid the connector at its junction and soldered a red, black and ground wire to it which I connected to a buttkicker amp. I have three chairs and I was told that the BKA 130 C amp could only accommodate 2 mini LFE's per amp, so I bought two of them....that cost me $272 after their 20% discount online. That's cheaper than the soundshaker amplifier using wi-fi with it's inherent lag. I hardwired the BKA 130 C using a subwoofer Y splitter from my receiver. The pair of mini LFE's were connected in parallel. Thus I didn't have to replace my soundshakers and found out that they can be easily connected. Don't be afraid of the proprietary connector.

photos attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also found myself with seats that included soundshakers....3 of them...and I was deliberating what to do....so I removed one of the sound shakers and took it apart.....

The so-called proprietary connector is really simple ...it contains the red positive wire, the black negative, and a black (with white writing) ground connector.....I disassembled the shaker to see if I could wire it with 12 Gauge wire inside of it's housing , but that was not possible....so I simply undid the connector at its junction and soldered a red, black and ground wire to it which I connected to a buttkicker amp. I have three chairs and I was told that the BKA 130 C amp could only accommodate 2 mini LFE's per amp, so I bought two of them....that cost me $272 after their 20% discount online. That's cheaper than the soundshaker amplifier using wi-fi with it's inherent lag. I hardwired the BKA 130 C using a subwoofer Y splitter from my receiver. The pair of mini LFE's were connected in parallel. Thus I didn't have to replace my soundshakers and found out that they can be easily connected. Don't be afraid of the proprietary connector.

photos attached.
Sorry to necro this thread, but I've searched everywhere for the answer and this post explains my situation perfectly (or at least attempts to). My question is, what did you do with the ground wire? I have everything hooked up as you described, but I am getting nothing at all from Soundshakers. I've tried connecting the circuit to the other transducers (not Soundshaker brand) in other seats and the signal comes through to them just fine. I'm using the Red wire for the positive and the plain Black wire as the negative. The ground I am just leaving disconnected and I'm not sure what I need to do with that, or is that my problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts