·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Certainly.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure. Because I started a few downloads, watched a movie and came back and the downloads hadnt moved.

is it a setting?

I have selected background downloading

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Downloads will continue even if you are signed out of PSN.

They will not continue if you play a video on disk(DVD,BD) or are playing a game online.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I wonder why this is. I would really like to be able to download while watching a dvd. It's kind of annoying to have to sit there and watch it download, or have it running while not in the room. I swear I use to download demos and watch a dvd when I first got it and it would finish downloading, but I swear on a lot of things that turn out to be wrong

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It's Sony playing it safe, I guess. New blurays are supposed to be able to connect to the internet for special features and whatnot, I guess it's defaulting priority to that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How about turning off the PS3 and the downloads continue and shuts off when the downloads are done similar to the x360 option?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbones /forum/post/14333593

How about turning off the PS3 and the downloads continue and shuts off when the downloads are done similar to the x360 option?

No, which Sony needs to fix immediately.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
If you watch a movie that's being played off the HDD, then yes.

If it's any disk based movie (i.e. Blu-ray/DVD), then no.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
Some DVD's have internet connectivity too if I remember correctly. Just web links and stuff, but that's why probably why DVD's also disable DLC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts