AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine can't. I have a Velodyne and it bottoms out and sounds like it will tear in half. My sub only goes to 24hz so how deep IS that scene? I'm just curious here. It seems to me that if your sub can pull that off you have a good one.

I'm sub shopping so I'm open to advice. Though I am leaning toward SVS as of now I don't know which model I want now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My sub can definitely do it (Martin Logan Descent), but my walls sound like they are tearing in half!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My Velodyne DPS-10 doesnt like it at all
I need to hurry up and get me an SVS PB-13 Ultra!

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
For sure, although if your sub has a HPF or some other protection built in it would depend on your definition of "doing it". It might NOT be able to play all the content regardless of volume/spl.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
too much stuff rattles in the room especially walls and doors

i even tried leaning against one of the doors that was rattling and it still rattled

·
Registered
639 Posts
Is there a youtube video somewhere with full bandwidth sound of this scene?

I heard its a crappy movie..

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater /forum/post/15593036

You guys should feel that scene at over 126 db's, pretty awesome.

·
Registered
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by otk /forum/post/15592978

too much stuff rattles in the room especially walls and doors

i even tried leaning against one of the doors that was rattling and it still rattled

For door rattles, buy some tape Velcro in a color that matches your trim and cut a couple small strips of the fluffy side and lay it inside the jamb so the door is tight and has a cushion. Keeps my svs from rattling the door to my family room.

·
Registered
763 Posts
suprisingly, my 3.3 does it well...everythng shakes and rattles, even the whole house...wife ran upstairs and said "what the hell!"

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater /forum/post/15593036

You guys should feel that scene at over 126 db's, pretty awesome.

It is intense!

I looped that scene and went outside to hear my neighbor's gutters and downspouts rattling violently.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Nahh, i'd rather use the bus jump scene jumper or my favorite the auto body shop fight scene in minority report., I don't own pulse horror movies arent my thing unless the are over the top and silly.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts