AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
. Im new to this forum, and im looking to get into audio because well, i got board of modding computers, and overclocking for forums.

The one thing i found, is im having trouble finding a decent 18" subwoofer for ht use in canada.

There are some at parts express, but they dont have very good xmax.

Im looking for a subwoofer that is around 100-400$. 18" . Just the sub, as i can make the enclosure, and tune it myself.

I need something that will boom, and is louder rather then percise. :p as i already have 2 10" subwoofers for tighter bass. But now i need more kick and looking for an 18".

Any recommendations ? or any good stores to order in canada ? as elemental doesnt ship here and i was looking at complete subwoofers there.

Please link me :p.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Where are you located in Canada?

Here in Victoria I'm able to get things shipped to Canada via the local ferry co. that operates from Washington State and then picking up after declarations here in town.

Or have the sub woofer parts sent to a friend in the U.S.then sent to you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you talking about Elemental Designs? I'm pretty sure they do ship to Canada, I was pricing out an already built sub and it looks like they ship worldwide.

·
Registered
962 Posts
What are duties like? I was thinking of getting an Hsu.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm in the same situation, I decided to go with SVS they have a distributor out in ontario. Thinking I'm going to be placing my order this week for a PB13 Ultra..My Main reason to keep it within canada is warranty issues. If you have to pay for shipping replacements and what not that can really add up. Drop the guys at sonicboomaudio.com a line and see what they can do for you.

Not really sure why they told you they don't ship to Canada.. I emailed them and they gave me a shipping quote and everything. If your looking for a good 18" sub they have the A7S-450

Post how much your looking to spend, what you want to use it for, how big your room is and more people can help you out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My room that im in now is a 9x9. Although it is soundproof as it was a studio before i moved in.

These will also be used to take to freinds homes, but tuned to my room will be much better.

Why isnt 2 10s good enough for me now ?. Well they shake nicely but i need to make it like im in the movie, with enough volume to blow my ears.

And if element designs does ship to canada. That would be awsome.

Also, im in london ontario.

And i was looking at the MA Audio MA183XE 18". It seems to have good reviews, and works well in cars. As my room is almost the size of a big truck....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts