Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

A friend of mine and Barco Graphics 800 owner intends to buy a Bell Express View HD Reciever.

As we all know the Barco Requires RGBHV and neg sync so...

The Bell has component O/P (no joy) but also a computer output.

Does anyone on the forum know if the comp. O/P carries the proper signal.

Curt

I know you use Bell.

If it doesn't then I guess he will need a transcoder or prerhaps he could get a cable and use port 2 on the Barco. Yes/No

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
Steve,

If I remember correctly the Bell unit is the same as a Dish 6000. If it is he should be able to hook the db-15 or computer type connection with a cable that has db-15 on one end and bnc on the other. I did this with my barco 1208 with no problems. I had also confirmed that the 6000 does have a negative sync output.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Brian

I gave Curt a call and he confirms the SVGA O/P will work hooked directly from the RX to the Barco RGBHV IPs.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Hey Steve!

I answered your same question in the other forum, but in case anyone else is curious: Yes, it'll work just fine. I have a BG800 fed by a BEV6000 HD receiver.

FYI - Only one of the sync outputs (H or V) on the 6000 is actually negative. The other's positive. I don't remember which however (I found this out when I had a NEC XG75 here some time ago which tells you the sync of the lines).

The important part is that Barco's will work just fine with a BEV (or Dish) 6000 HD receiver using the RGBHV output. No sync inverter needed.

Kal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.