AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canare 11 AWG 4S11 Speaker Cable with Banana To Banana Connectors (12')

Hey Guys, Anybody using these ? I am running Audioquest rocket 33's in bi-amp to two towers but my wolves (well just the pup) has a bad habit of gnawing on them so im constantly replacing them and i dont want to pay that much anymore. However i would rather shoot myself in the head than go down in sound quality.
Please no obnoxious or ill founded answers. Ive seen thats pretty much the forte on here when people dont know what they are talking about (i.e: most of your profound lack of knowledge on the affect of after market power cords). If you dont know what you are talking about or have never actually reviewed the product or similar, i dont care to hear your opinion, thanks =)

Rob

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I would like to know what kind of setup you are running. Given your 2 post count I don't think people are gonna pay attention to you.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts

Hey Guys, Anybody using these ? I am running Audioquest rocket 33's in bi-amp to two towers but my wolves (well just the pup) has a bad habit of gnawing on them so im constantly replacing them and i dont want to pay that much anymore. However i would rather shoot myself in the head than go down in sound quality.
Please no obnoxious or ill founded answers. Ive seen thats pretty much the forte on here when people dont know what they are talking about (i.e: most of your profound lack of knowledge on the affect of after market power cords). If you dont know what you are talking about or have never actually reviewed the product or similar, i dont care to hear your opinion, thanks =)

Rob
You should get your wolf puppy some chew toys.:D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You can try the cheaper AQ Type 2 or Type 4 but it won't be as detailed as Rocket 33. I've never heard the Canare.

·
Registered
91 Posts
(i.e: most of your profound lack of knowledge on the affect of after market power cords).
Rob
Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! Thanks I needed that! Mystical secret quantam physics that us phools can't seem to cipher....:laugh:

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Well this should be entertaining. You aren't going to find many people that subscribe to snake oil here.

www.bluejeanscable.com

Good quality well made cables, they offer Canare and it's made in America if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Hey Rob,

This is AV Science forum, ya know--physics, math and Ohm's Law. The believers in power cords, speaker wire and all that jazz is along the lines of 6 moons and so on.

You might of noticed that the people that run this forum made special speaker wires out of aluminum foil so maybe this is not the site for you. Since power cords make a difference to you, it is obvious you won't have an impact on discussion of power supplies, amplifier stages and such so... don't waste your time here.

Generally speaking the people on this forum don't purchase power cords, even if they have a profound effect. No night and day differences in speaker wire, no tighter bass with cable lifters, no expensive HDMI cords to make deeper blacks etc.

You will be annoyed with studies on speaker cables, hit with actual testing of speakers, wire, power cords etc. and scope readings to the actual engineers that design and build the products. Can't have that!

What people waste their money on around here is stuff like calibrated USB microphones, REW programming and measuring things. They blow big bucks on improving the room acoustics, actually building speakers to improve performance, measuring, testing and improving the sound quality.

Science, by it's very nature requires proof, measurements and testing--manufacturing sure does! If you believe that small companies pushing wire create some drastic improvement that can't be measured or human hearing is a completely unknown area--this is not the place to lay your hat.

Just trying to save your time (this ain't your kinda bar!) it will save our time from posting the same dozens of studies, educational videos from around the world and trying to teach you how it works. Since you are new but have the mystical attitude down pat early, save yourself and ourselves time and head to a different forum.

There is a difference between Science and Scientology... good luck!

·
Registered
16,971 Posts

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Canare 4S11 should work perfectly well as a bi-amp cable.

Is that what you are asking?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just trying to save your time (this ain't your kinda bar!)...
Thanks for keeping your club pure and getting rid of the decenters but if you actually read his post he wasn't interested in your opinion.

Edit: The OP specifically asked for people without the expertise not to respond is what I am saying.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thanks for keeping your club pure and getting rid of the decenters but if you actually read his post he wasn't interested in your opinion.
Except he really doesn't have anything to hold his high ground yet he asks for suggestion.
It's like "Oh I drive a Lamborghini but how do I save gas".

Just found what he said in a powercord thread. Funny.
nest719 Dont listen to these negative jerks. Information is abused through sarcasm, those who abuse information are misinformed or just generally hope to control others.
First off anyone reading this with any knowledge on electronics or "high end audio" (i say high end because i work wit equipment that these broke losers would have to re-mortgage there homes for) would tell you that upgraded copper with shielding is imperative.
2nd , the larger the copper the less the impedance.
3rd, for all these nitwits claiming that you would have to change the wiring all the way to the power company ; again probably a lack off funds issue culminated with lack of knowledge but it goes like this ......electric currents oscillate until stored in a capacitor. capacitors are those things you pay a lot of money for that are included in the expensive power management centers. Therefor all power from then on would be completely free of any and all conditions before it.
Power Cables absolutely make an audible difference.

Reactions: Zorba922

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Hey Rob,

This is AV Science forum, ya know--physics, math and Ohm's Law. The believers in power cords, speaker wire and all that jazz is along the lines of 6 moons and so on.

You might of noticed that the people that run this forum made special speaker wires out of aluminum foil so maybe this is not the site for you. Since power cords make a difference to you, it is obvious you won't have an impact on discussion of power supplies, amplifier stages and such so... don't waste your time here.

Generally speaking the people on this forum don't purchase power cords, even if they have a profound effect. No night and day differences in speaker wire, no tighter bass with cable lifters, no expensive HDMI cords to make deeper blacks etc.

You will be annoyed with studies on speaker cables, hit with actual testing of speakers, wire, power cords etc. and scope readings to the actual engineers that design and build the products. Can't have that!

What people waste their money on around here is stuff like calibrated USB microphones, REW programming and measuring things. They blow big bucks on improving the room acoustics, actually building speakers to improve performance, measuring, testing and improving the sound quality.

Science, by it's very nature requires proof, measurements and testing--manufacturing sure does! If you believe that small companies pushing wire create some drastic improvement that can't be measured or human hearing is a completely unknown area--this is not the place to lay your hat.

Just trying to save your time (this ain't your kinda bar!) it will save our time from posting the same dozens of studies, educational videos from around the world and trying to teach you how it works. Since you are new but have the mystical attitude down pat early, save yourself and ourselves time and head to a different forum.

There is a difference between Science and Scientology... good luck!

I believe a couple of mods have stated repeatedly that everyone is welcome here. Is that not correct @markrubin ?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Canare makes very nice cable, so do Belden & Mogami. Blue Jeans Cable sells many good cables. monoprice sells good low budget cables.
Stay away from AQ & Monster

·
Registered
8,986 Posts

Rob

I think the AQ Rocket 33 is a real decent cable for what little money it is. I also have a set of Rocket 88s (not an Olds, btw) and I think the 33 is a better value for what you get. I'd find a way to put these in something or under something to protect from doggy teeth and keep using them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.