AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I had ordered an RSC200, 850's and dual MFW-15 subs that I was going to use with 4 Axiom QS8's. Is their anything as good as this set up for the $3500.00 price range or am I going to have to up my budget to get something comparable?

FYI My dedicated home theater room has just been completed it is 22Lx14Wx9H with two rows of seating. For Equipment I have an Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-3, and a PS3.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
i would suggest buying those products still..but buy them used from someone other than the company itself. that seems to be the safest route and would still get you the speakers you wanted at a nice discount. The products they produce are still excellent regardless of what other stuff is going on.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
For HT I would look at Klipsch reference line and a separate amp. Need to go listen to them though. If you can wait a little bit I would look at Tweak City Audio Pro-10. The Pro 10 uses a 10" pro driver with good xmax and a horn loaded compression driver. These should be very good for the money. Another option would be to look for a used set of three JTR T8's. All of these suggestions are weighted toward HT and have good dynamics. I would rank them JTR, Pro-10, Klipsch THX series. The Klipsch may end up being better than the Pro-10, but I like the design of the Pro-10 very much. The Pro-10 should have excellent mid-bass 80hz and up.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil /forum/post/18221776

i would suggest buying those products still..but buy them used from someone other than the company itself. that seems to be the safest route and would still get you the speakers you wanted at a nice discount. The products they produce are still excellent regardless of what other stuff is going on.

There will probably be no replacement parts, there's already no replacements for some non-discontinued products, so with this whole mess, there's a good chance the company goes under imho... Buteverything said, they're in even MORE trouble then they were some time ago, which is in quite a bit of trouble, so going used is even risky. 1) Because they have piss poor QA, or no QA (Quality Assurance), 2) and no replacement parts...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahusker /forum/post/18221756

Guys,

I had ordered an RSC200, 850's and dual MFW-15 subs that I was going to use with 4 Axiom QS8's. Is their anything as good as this set up for the $3500.00 price range or am I going to have to up my budget to get something comparable?

FYI My dedicated home theater room has just been completed it is 22Lx14Wx9H with two rows of seating. For Equipment I have an Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-3, and a PS3.

Thanks in advance!

Did you listen to both 850s and Axiom M80s? Why did you choose the rockets?

Ron

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the axiom m80's about the same as the 850's, but I liked the Bigfoot quite a bit more than VP150...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahusker /forum/post/18221756

Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Couple questions: Did you want to know what lcr you can get for $3500 or lcr and sub for $3500? Do you have an acoustically transparent screen?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I haven't heard of any problems with

AV123 in quite some time.. actually quite the contrary.. but maybe I missed out on something... I've heard that some of the drivers they no longer use in their current lines can be tough or impossible to get but with their current lines it's no problem.

I'd do as mentioned and wait for maybe the Pro-10 or get the Rockets from B-stock (I'm assuming you're waiting for the RSC200 to come back into stock) . I've found customer service to be great and I've read of many happy customers they had during their last big sale.

I personally own them and choose them over Paradigm studio 100s (they sound very similar to the Studio 100s) and also used to Own Klipsch RF82 which they crush. They are very very nice speakers. The Xtatiks and X-voce system they sell is also supposed to be awesome... it's a little more forward and brighter but not Klipsch bright and the X-voce is a 3 foot beast.

As to the Axiom VP150 comment I haven't heard them, but I've read of many people being dissatisfied with it's performance.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 /forum/post/18223202

I haven't heard of any problems with

AV123 in quite some time.. actually quite the contrary.. but maybe I missed out on something....

The current issue is MLS is in jail and that might be the final nail in the coffin of AV123.

OP, you can look into Swan Diva 6.2, Axiom as other suggested, or pretty much Paradigm.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs /forum/post/18223240

The current issue is MLS is in jail and that might be the final nail in the coffin of AV123.

OP, you can look into Swan Diva 6.2, Axiom as other suggested, or pretty much Paradigm.
Ohh crap... that could be important info!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was getting

Rocket RS850's $999.99

Rocket RSC200 $299.99

Dual MFW-15 $999.99

4 Axiom QS8's $1080.00

TOTAL=$3379.97

Plus a $217 for shipping on the AV123 stuff

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 /forum/post/18223003

Couple questions: Did you want to know what lcr you can get for $3500 or lcr and sub for $3500? Do you have an acoustically transparent screen?

I was looking for LCR, surrounds and 2 subs for the $3500.00, but I am flexible up $5k. I do not have a acoustically transparent screen.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahusker /forum/post/0

I like the axiom m80's about the same as the 850's, but I liked the Bigfoot quite a bit more than VP150...

I agree with you about the VP150 so I used a M22 as a center instead until upgrading to another M80. Crossed over with a good subwoofer the M22 is an excellent match to the M80s. It’s also less expensive than the VP150. Just mentioning it since if you could fit a Bigfoot you might be able to squeeze and M22 in there. Another Axiom owner fredk uses dual M2s above and below his screen and is liking it.

P. S. Whatever brand you pick don’t discount the idea of a vertical center speaker, IMO they usually sound much better than horizontal ones especially for well mastered music.

Ok one more thing. I’ve tried both QS8s and M22s as rear speakers and found that if you can get about 5’ behind your seating there’s less advantage to using QS8s in the back. I’m going to order a pair of M2s to use back there so I can move my M22s to the “wide” possition and have already put my previous QS8s rears up as “height” speakers. They work great up there though QS4s would likely be enough.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Check out Dynaudio, they have amazing sounding speakers.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts