AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have K-Marts closing by them, their Jewelry and video department display counters are for sale, atleast here they are. They even will haggle on price with ya. Just an FYI...

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a 4ft wide glass display case and 2ft~ end wood section for $180 out the door. I think they wanted $340 for those two. Haggle away if ya can, but I imagine quality could vary from store to store. The K-mart here is closing its doors for good on June 1st, so hurry on out for a look see if you have been looking for a candy counter of any sorts, and good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up a 4ft counter from the Forest Lake MN. K-mart for $160.00.

It is glass with glass shelving. They had a bunch of them and was able to talk the price down from 260. They were in various shape and some didn't have shelves. I was able to get a key that work the lock. I'm not sure if I will be able to get the light to work.

It was very dirty but is cleaning up nicely. I will be doing another cleanup session on it tonight. A few scatches in the top glass but everything else is in good shape.

I think is will look good in my theater Lobby.

Thanks for the heads-up. Overall I thinks its a great buy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wondering what you are using these for? I run a store fixture installation business here in Canada and often we get the contract to clear out the displays in closing stores (finished 1 last week). Unless the retailer has a warehouse to store this stuff 90% of the time it ends up in the garbage.

We hate to do this, but it is hard to find buyers for used store fixtures. That's why I'm curious what you are doing with the stuff.

Rick

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Just wondering what you are using these for?
Umm, well a candy counter. Since its a enclosed glass display I am planning on linning it with some velvet sticking empty boxes of theater like candy (whoppers, Sour Patch Kids, good and plenty etc) on a tiered system, then sticking some crazy high prices next to each box of candy like $15.23, when asked by my friends why that price; I'll say "Well I ain't making much on the tickets!" ;). Since there is storage below the display area, I will stock some kind of candy/snacks down there in tupperware or something, but there prolly won't be any good and plenty stocked regularly ;P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.