·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz /forum/post/20773211

I would of thought Jackie Chan got billing on the poster?

To be fair, no one in America knew who he was in 1981.

It was his first American film, unless you count the uncredited role in 'Enter the Dragon'.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC0TLANDF0REVER /forum/post/20773257

It was his first American film, unless you count the uncredited role in 'Enter the Dragon'.

Fair enough.

Also love the Theme song

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Farrah + Adrienne Barbeau was a rather potent combo of hotness back in the day.

·
Registered
778 Posts
This is one of those great '80's period pieces that I love even if the theatrical merit is sorely lacking. It's like my affection for ROLLER BOOGIE. THE CANNONBALL RUN is sort of one of those "you had to be there" movies. If you're in your 20's or 30's today, you might not "get it" and I don't blame you.

But I'm 53 now. When THE CANNONBALL RUN came out, I was a 23 year old gear head with a 455 Trans Am, no-responsibilities, a few bucks to burn and I still had a reserve of youthful hormones. It's the sloppiest piece of film making I've ever seen but it transports from today (grey-haired middle aged guy, one cancer surgery, just enough income to barely tread water) back to my golden age in the 1980's.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
I'm 26 and I grew up watching this. I'm not a gearhead perse... more of a wannabe gearhead.
I didn't have the privilege of getting to work/play with cool cars.... umm.. ever.
My friend back in school was the gearhead and he showed me this one way back.

Such a classic! I'll get this one definitely.

Sure hope they use the original poster art for the cover. I can only imagine what kind of hack job of a cover they would make of this one.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I just bought this DVD not long ago for something like $5 I think it was. One of my favorite Hal Needham guilty pleasure films.

·
Registered
21,575 Posts
This movie rocks! You know they just had a blast filming it. A must own on blu for me.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Not a great film. Never has been. But there are absolutely some very funny scenes.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC0TLANDF0REVER /forum/post/20773257

I think Big Brawl was Jackie's first American movie but it bombed badly

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.