AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Yamaha RX-V773 AV Receiver, and would like to create bookmarks for my favorite internet radio stations at yradio.vtuner.com. However, when I sign in using the Receiver MAC address, I cannot create my own account – instead it asks me to login with an email address. Has anybody faced the same problem, or have you been successful in creating an account and bookmarks (being a Yamaha user)? Is the reason maybe that somebody has already created an account for my MAC address, and therefore I cannot do it anymore? Haven’t figured any other reason for the issue.

(I reported this problem to vTuner, but no response so far)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do not remember if I had to use my 773 receiver's MAC address the first time to create my account at yradio.vtuner.com, but now that it has been created, I can sign on to my account on a computer browser either via receiver MAC address or by my email address. Either way I can see my bookmarked stations, although my recollection is that you can only add bookmarked stations through the website via computer browser, not from the receiver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crx-n560d

Hi. I have just purchased a Yamaha CRX-N560D receiver and have tried to register with yradio.vtuner but it doesn't acknowledge my Mac address. ive set up my iphone to control it. but want to start getting internet radio. any ideas?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not sure why the MAC address is involved. After I got the Yamaha receiver networked using WPS (easy using Airport utility) I just went to yradio.vtuner.com and set up an account. Then you can bookmark away on that site. The networked Yamaha tuner gets them almost instantly. The site is clunky with outdated UI but, at least it works! It is fairly painless and when done, it's done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The MAC address is involved in the communications between the device and the internet service because the manufacturer of the amp is paying for that connectivity.

D&M just stopped supporting vTuner service as of 17 Jan 2020 on legacy Denon and Marantz products and is providing no firmware update nor alternatives. You must pay vTuner directly for the continiuing server on a yearly basis and provide vTuner your device's MAC address to establish an account.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts