AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using my onboard sound from the soundmax chip on my Asus P5B motherboard. I cannot get more than 2 channels running DVD through PDVD 7.3 or media center, or HDDVD. I have tried the setup for media center and the latest sound drivers from ASUS. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

ej

·
Registered
802 Posts
Your onboard may NOT be able to produce more then two sounds over digital alot of them cannot. If your CAN according to specs then it's either a setting on the sound driver or your receiver isn't set properly.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried setting ACFilter to SPDIF passthrough, but I have never used it. In had it running, trying both PDVD and media center, but AC 3 filter does not show any kind of signal on the dB meters. How do I get AC 3 filter to talk to these programs?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ /forum/post/0

I tried setting ACFilter to SPDIF passthrough, but I have never used it. In had it running, trying both PDVD and media center, but AC 3 filter does not show any kind of signal on the dB meters. How do I get AC 3 filter to talk to these programs?

Hi there

Have you configured AC3Filter? From its Properties window, select the "system" tab. Under "Filter merit", select "Prefer AC#Filter". Also enable "show icon tray" so that you know when AC3Filter is running.

Regards

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what's going o, I tried electing "show in system tray", but nothing appears there.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I can't get more than 2 channel output, can someone recommend a card (inexpensive) that will pass DD and DTS unchanged? I'm disabled, so a USB option would be easier instead of having someone open up the computer.

ej

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Make sure that also PowerDVD is configured to use SPDIF passthrough. The DVD player must be told to use SPDIF, its default is two channels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem as EJ - I can only get stereo from my integrated soundmax on the Asus P4C800 motherboard. I'm using Vista Home Premium 32-bit and TheaterTek 2.5 (with the advanced sound pack). I select the spdif out in Theatertek but it will default back to stereo output for some reason. I suspect Vista is taking control in the background some how.

I was able to get spdif out from Theatertek using WinXP.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i was finally able to get 5 channels from my coax connection. I retried the setup under windows mce, and selected spdif from the PDVD audio menu. (both of which I had tried before) For some reason it worked. However, I thought when outputting a DDPlus signal, it was to down-convert to a DTS signal, my receiver shows it as receiving a DD signal. (Dolby Digital 3/2/.1 48kHz) Any ideas? By the way I still can't get ac3 filter to work.

ej

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.