AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an installer come on Friday to install a new dish and the samsung 7160 hd receiver. While he was there all the channels came in. Today, I cannot geta signal on the ESPNHD, HDNET Movies, HDDiscovery. I can only get HDNET and HBOHD. When I test for signal strength it shows no signal on the 110 satellite. I called the installer but I'm put on hold. What should I do? Should the 110 satellite have a signal?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
yes the 110 should have a signal.

Maybe the dish moved.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
rstern, where is you new dish located at? Also, I an not familiar with the 7160 HD receiver. Do you mean the Samsung SIR-TS160 HD receiver? Finally, I would seriously consider calling DirecTV and letting them know your install is with less than stellar results (i.e. you cannot get what you are paying for).

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If you are able set the .."dish set up"..for a '3 dish setup' or whatever....check channel 99..should be in blue with Directv logo. Remember..HDNET and HBO come from another satellite not 'C'. Showtime HD comes from 110 ..satellite C. Channel 99 is the info channel for satellite 'C'. If you are not on the "C' satellite, it is 9 degrres to the west of 101 satellite..bottom line..very close. Happy Viewing.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
He could also place the receiver onto the troubled (no-signal) channel and then go into the setup. Someone pointed out to me the signal strength meter defaults to the transponder for the channel you were last on. This will at least tell if he is getting a very weak signal or no signal at all for the transponder in question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.