Which one is better?

I am Getting so confused!

Please someone,

Thanks in Advance...

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I like the GWII. It has a bigger screen. The picture is possibly a bit better on the DLP but the rainbows pretty much eliminate that technology for me. If you don't know about rainbows search this site as it has been discussed in great detail.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I am going with the Sammy because the black levels on the GWII are not to my liking.

Really, though, they are both great sets. Figure out what your priorities are (what material you watch, computer monitor use or not, light conditions in the viewing room, mostly DVDs, mostly video games, etc.) and then use the search function - there are a million threads comparing the two.

Good luck, and you will probably be happy either way, especially if you wait for the GWIIIs which will list for $1000 less...

RDaneel

·
Premium Member
10,415 Posts
I would lean toward the Samsung if:

- My family wants to watch the TV in a totally dark room a significant part of the time

- I have a big lighting problem in my room that could cause reflections on the screen

- My family does not see rainbows or dithering

- I am willing to tweak the service menu

- My family wants to use it to play PC games at resolutions the Samsung supports, but the Sony does not

- I am concerned about stuck LCD pixels and have to purchase off the Internet

I would lean toward the Sony if:

- My family sees rainbows or temporal dithering frequently

- I want a bigger screen (depends on distance in signal quality)

- I want discrete codes for about anything you could want

- I want my component inputs to accept 480i to 1080i for something like XBOX

- I am concerned about Samsung's reliability/experience with light bulb based projector technology

- I am willing to tweak the service menu

- I want maximum device flexibility in the service menu adjustments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm going with sammy 50" DLP tv rather than 43" DLP and I'm not thinking to buy Sony GW2, because the contrast is most important part of picture quality and GW2 is doesn't up to the sammy's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.