AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished building a htpc and for some reason i cant get video output through hdmi. the tv im using is a Samsung PN42A450. when i try to connect through hdmi it will either flicker red while its booting up or the screen will stay black and eventually tell me no signal has been found. i thought this was an hdmi problem on my tv's end but all my other components work fine with hdmi. is there a setting i should be using on the video card so that it will accept the hdmi signal?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
What resolution are you sending? Is it the same as that being used by your other components?

Are you using the special DVI-HDMI dongle that came with your 4550 card to connect your HDMI cable to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no idea what resolution its sending at, ive never been able to set up the hdmi resolution. Im assuming its set up the same as what the vga currently is and that's working fine. Ive connected it with the dongle. Is there a way i can set the hdmi output on the card to a low resolution before i actually try connecting it to the computer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts