AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Win 7 x64 HTPC. My Motherboard Intel DH57JG I am pretty sure only has a HDML 1.3 so I bought a AMD HD6670 and slotted it in.

I have the latest Catalyst Software from their website installed. I have also tried their beta version 14.2.

I have my HTPC connected directly to a Panasonic PT-AE6000/AT8000 (i am in Europe). I have connected it directly to the Panasonic to avoid any AVR issues, but I have a Denon X4000 anyway.

I am using Total Media Theatre 6 to play a folder which contains a Bluray.

The issue I am having is that I cannot play a 3D bluray. The bluray will start and I think Total Media is recognizing it as a 3D version, but I don't think this information is being passed on to my projector. For example when the notice comes up "Please put on your 3D glasses now" on some blurays it looks like it is trying to play in 3D I can see both the front and back parts to the letters but putting on my glasses and forcing the projector to enter a 3D mode does not change things.

I would love to know what to do and would appreciate any help. Failing general help maybe you could help with some questions.

1. Do I need any 3rd party software to get my HD6670 to pass on the 3D content to my Projector? I see the name TriDef 3D around?

2. Is the refresh rate important if so is 24hz with 1080p correct?

3. Are there any settings in the AMD Catalyst that I need to look at?

4. I have my projector set on Auto is that correct?

5. I am using short (5m) HDMI cables but if they are for example a few years old is it possible that they are not "High Speed" cables and this is causing the problem?

The thing which is concerning me is that I also have mkv files with HSBS. When I start playing them I would have thought that my projector should recognize the format and change over the 3D format but it does not. On a 3D TV I once had within seconds of playing a HSBS .mkv file over HDMI with (for example VLC) the TV would bring the two images together and play it in 3D.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok I worked it out.

1. Make sure HDMI cables are not really really cheap. (it seemed that one of my cables was a contributing factor)

2. My PC needed to be on 60hz / 1080p - not sure I understand this but it works.

Also when I then connected my Denon receiver up in between, I had to make sure that the Denon was not doing any video processing so that the projector got the information it needed from the PC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts