AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased one of these for an upcoming trip to Europe. I bought the 16 & 32GB Sandisk SDHC Ultra memory cards. What are the optimal settings, I plan on buying the wide angle lens attachment for widescreen viewing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a R200 on 11/11 for $275 but found a new M41 on 11/21 for $375
so also bought that

I bought a cheap wide angle off eBay for $15 for the R200 but I get a slight vignetting in the corners at full wide. The lens is a 37mm mount and takes 46mm filters. It came with a 34mm to 37mm adapter ring so it would fit up. With a 46mm filter on it the vingnetting is severe - totally round on each side

I have a $15 52mm mount wide angle for the M41 that has no issues at all even with a 62mm filter on it. The 43mm to 52mm adapter ring that came with it for the M41 actually matches the outer diameter of the camera's lens so I'll probably just leave it on and use 52mm filters with it when not using the wide angle lens.

I plan on finding a lens with a bigger filter end diameter for the R200 so I can eliminate the vignetting. I really should measure up the outer diameter of the R200's lens and first get an adapter ring that matches that diameter and then find a lens with that mount

I plan to use the R200 for a "carry with me everywhere" camera and save the M41 for when I know I want to shoot video. I shoot band video so the better low light performance of the M41 is important to me. OTOH I used the R200 to shoot some video the other day lighted only by two small LED PAR lights and it came out OK:
http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=1767649586

Please excuse the jerky pans and tilts - this was a tripod I bought new for $12 off of eBay just so I'd always have one in the car. I also have a nice (and heavy) old Stiltz fluid head.

Oh, and the R200 sees in low light about as well as a person (which is fine most of the time) - the M41 is much better and can make a dimly lit scene look fully illuminated !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.