AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people are looking but no one is commenting.....

Both camcorders are the same price on Amazon as of today (7-17-08) and I have been reading myself to death over the past 2 weeks. I know that there are pros and cons to both models but looking for direction. The main reason we are looking to buy a new camera is that we have twin boys that are starting to get vocal and roll around. All the good stuff is about to start and I want to capture it in HD and put it up on my new Panasonic 50PZ80U the forum helped me pick out. I assume for now we will be mostly inside so that is the biggest concern as well as clear audio quality.

From what I have read the HG-10 is:

Hard drive but has moving parts and some potential noise

Poor audio quality due to mic on top of cam

somewhat clunky

silver

the HF100 is:

slightly smaller

better audio quality

can capture video in 24P & 30P

have to buy an additional SD card

black

Looking for help from owners or other potential buyers in the same situation. Any direction would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
188 Posts
HF100 is silver, not black. HF10 ($200 more) is black.

I vote HF100. I have one and love it, but I'm not a camcorder expert. The SDHC memory is what really sold me. No regrets here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read tons of posts that stated that the hg10 picks up the zoom sounds and the clicking sound of the hard drive writing. Is this true. My other question is about the validity of the statement that the video quality is not as good when using HD cards.

any thoughts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts