AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to state something I didnt realize from my research between the HV10 and HC3 cameras.

Because you can manually set the shutter to 1/30 or less on the HV10, you can get far better low light shots than the HC3!

With the HC3 you cant force the shutter speed below 1/60. There is an auto-slow-shutter mode but its unpredictable and largely worthless IME.

The 1/30 shutter mode is highly, highly useful on the HV10. (A bonus side effect - your shoot looks more like film at 30fps than 60fps!). The 1/15 mode even has its uses.

Dont count this camera out for low-light mode. After comparing the two, I'm sticking with the HV10.

Andy K.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You can take the shutter speed all the way down (up?) to 1/8 second. The exposure in low light at 1/8 looks great, but ANY movement is blurred. You can get some pretty interesting effects using the slow shutter speeds.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed, but obviously 1/8th is not useable as a general purpose setting. 1/30th is very highly useable even to capture significant amounts of motion.

jon, I'll try to post something tonight. I'm not 100% sure if I have a good one-to-one shot from the Sony that would illustrate the difference clearly.

Thanks,

Andy K.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes .You mayupload footage at listvideo com for free.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try that one. I'm having a heck of a time getting these files uploaded at a couple different places - they keep crashing the upload.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts