AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I just recently joined this forum because i have some questions and it looks like people are pretty helpful here!

I am going to Florida to shoot some fishing videos and i was wondering the best settings for this would be?

Currently i am shooting in 60I, and using the Programmed AE setting, i always check and set my white balance before shooting.

I have been running into an issue with blurry horizontal lines while either panning or tilting.. What could this be?

Also does anyone use Seinnheisser ew 100 wireless mice with their Vixia? any recommended settings for windy conditions??

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I have been running into an issue with blurry horizontal lines while either panning or tilting.. What could this be?Thanks!
Google for "interlaced video", "combing", "deinterlacing".

If you want "live" look without judder you have no choice but to shoot in 60i because the G10 cannot shoot 60p. You do not need to deinterlace for TV or blu-ray but you better deinterlace for YouTube. Watch on computer with Splash player, it can deinterlace field-to-frame without combing.

If you ok or want "film" look then shoot 24P (not PF24) - editing progressive video is simpler and easier to understand, there is no deinterlacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google for "interlaced video", "combing", "deinterlacing".

If you want "live" look without judder you have no choice but to shoot in 60i because the G10 cannot shoot 60p. You do not need to deinterlace for TV or blu-ray but you better deinterlace for YouTube. Watch on computer with Splash player, it can deinterlace field-to-frame without combing.

If you ok or want "film" look then shoot 24P (not PF24) - editing progressive video is simpler and easier to understand, there is no deinterlacing.
@Ungermann

Thankyou! I just started shooting in 60I recently so i wasn't too sure about all the interlacing video, but i did a little research and i have a better feel for it now.

Hey thanks again! Take it easy.

-Connor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts