AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DVD player is hooked up via the component video terminals, and a rep at Samsung told me that it is normal not to have an option to adjust the Tint setting since "the colors are already being separated".

Huh? :confused:

·
Registered
916 Posts
The wideband inputs (DVI, VGA & Component) allegedly don't have TINT, whereas the S-Video and Video inputs do. That's certainly true on my HLN617.

Rick

·
Registered
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ender21
The wideband inputs (DVI, VGA & Component) allegedly don't have TINT, whereas the S-Video and Video inputs do. That's certainly true on my HLN617.
The older firmware revisions have tint on all inputs.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I wonder how far that goes back. My original 4365 had v.211 firmware and it was the same way as my HLN617 which has v.302 firmware.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ender21
I wonder how far that goes back. My original 4365 had v.211 firmware and it was the same way as my HLN617 which has v.302 firmware.
I believe tint was available on all sets up until ver. 2xx and upwards.

·
Registered
845 Posts
There is no Tint control in the component signal. Many do offer it as a feature, however, I am not sure how they are implementing it. Technically, it should not be there, and if it is there, that would mean they are applying additional conversion to the video path. I think that the new changes is a reflection of their consulting with Joe Kane. They have taken his class on the component signal path, and are attempting to do things the right way, and I think this is a direct result.

Be happy, it's like going from Pro-Logic to Dolby Digital.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think it's possible that 480i into Component 1 activates the Tint feature, but 480p won't. I haven't tested this of course, but will get around to it eventually.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.