AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started having problems with my 4160 after 2 years. First, about 2 weeks ago, I found it "off". Turned it on (no smart remarks now) and it took a good 45 min to get to the usual screens. I started getting skips and such and it kept rebooting. 3 days ago now, It took over 6 hours to come up after being powered down for 3 hours. Every time I tried to connect I'd get disconnected with some criptic error code, so

I did a 243 Zone and refresh, to no avail, so then then did a 348 zone (reset to factory) to see what would happen. It rebooted and took over an hour to come up. I keyed in all the info and tried to connect, same errors after it tried to dl the info. It always got to getting program listings 92% and died there, but sometimes it would die right away. The error code is 93a60004. I then cleared it again (348) and came back 4 hours later, keyed in everything again, but this time, I only said I had cabletv connected to the antenna. This time It connected and got all the way though the dl. SO, I put back the National feed of directtv on input one and tried it again. Again, at 92% Unexpected result code (93a60004).

So, this time I now tried to change it from directtv to digital cable box. It got to the 92% then disconected then combined the data and all worked again.

So, for giggles, I then put input 1 back to directtv national feed and it again died at 92% (getting program listings) right when it should have started to combine the data.

I then did a menu and looked at the WELCOME message. It says I have a ReplayTV 4500. My model IS a 4160. Hummm

Well the main part of my question is, Is my drive toast? I would (and do) think so. ANY help would be appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yippee! It finally got though. It took about 45 retries but it finally disconnected and combined the data. I would guess it will fail when it connects again tonight on it's own though.

Oh yea, some of the errors were 93a60007's too but those were when it disconnected right away so I assume that those are true disconnect errors. I'm ordering up a new drive tomorrow

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Very likely the drive is defective and the disk image corrupted. You could test the drive with Powermax to check its integrity or at a minimum mirror a downloaded disk image onto it. Who knows it may work OK, at least for a little while.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Those errors normally point to a problem with the data being downloaded or being written tot he drive.

One test you can do is try a different zip code and/or a different lineup and see if it comes down fine. For example, you might pick the antenna only lineup and see if it comes down fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES, it DID download just fine with BASIC CABLE from my area ONLY, but when I chose DirectTV national feed, it kept hanging just before combining data. It DID though finally download the data after about 45 retries. Was I surprised to see it finish and I got the guide!

BUT, it stilll takes up to HOURS for the power light to stop flashing and the regular screen to come up. Last night ONE time, it took the usual 5 minutes or so, but, I'm afraid to turn it off again as it may not come up again.

I left a message here in addition:
thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yippee! It finally got though. It took about 45 retries but it finally disconnected and combined the data. I would guess it will fail when it connects again tonight on it's own though.

Oh yea, some of the errors were 93a60007's too but those were when it disconnected right away so I assume that those are true disconnect errors. I'm ordering up a new drive tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.