AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I was at my Costco and picked up a Samsung UN55ES7150. I can't find this model anywhere online but I assume it's the UN55ES7100 but with a keyboard. When I saw it, I fell in love with it, it's beautiful. So why do I want to get rid of it? Well for starters it cost me $2100 after $750 off. When I went into the store I didn't expect to spend that much money but I couldn't get over the picture.

Now I have a terrible case of buyers remorse. I spent all that money and have all these features I don't want or need such as 3D and Smart TV capability. This is for my bedroom and I feel it's a waste.

So I was in the store again and saw these two sets but I wanted to get input on it before I do something I might regret.

1.) Samsung UN60EH6000 ("Rear-Lit LED" - At least thats what the label says under it) $1,549.99

(Downside is only 2 HDMI ports)

2.) Sharp LC-60LE640U (Edge Lit) $1,389.99

First off, I thought that rear-lit LED was "cheaper" or not as good as edge lit but I keep finding mixed information on the forums so I almost automatically ruled out the 60" Samsung.

I do have the option to keep the Samsung I currently own but saving $500-700 is very tempting. I see it as money I can set aside to buy a new TV in the future if I wanted to and have a slightly bigger picture.

Has anyone have experience with any of these?

·
Registered
578 Posts
if u don't desire 3D, the EH6000 line is your best option. The cheaper-made backlit scheme seems to be working for viewers.. very few problems reported here as compared to the edge-lit counterparts.

If you can take a slight hit on contrast.. the LG LM6700, 7600, and even 8600 often go on sale for around $1300 for the 55" models.. just another option to consider..

Reactions: auero

·
Registered
309 Posts

Quote:
1.) Samsung UN60EH6000 ("Rear-Lit LED" - At least thats what the label says under it) $1,549.99

(Downside is only 2 HDMI ports)

it really depends on what you need, and what you currently have imo.

if you read more about the back lit LED's its showing that its a cost effective solution to some challenges brought about by edge-lit LEDs.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2795-6482_7-399.html

in my case, i only needed two hdmi ports anyways, 1 for my cable box, 1 for my AVR. i DID have 4 hdmi ports in my previous set, but never got to use all of them.

im very happy with my set, and i guess with luck havent had any challenges with it, aside from a grey 'shadowline' i saw on the left side of the screen, which went away after a couple of hours of use.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried 4 different models of tv this month. The first one was an LG47lm7600, I saw some vertical banding and some slight light bleeding. And it look small so I wanted to upgrade to a 55 inch. I was going to return it but a friend of mine bought it as it was a very good deal. I didn't tell her the problems it had as I don't think she will even notice it. My second one was a 55es6550, although it looked great I noticed some slight dark bars going horizontally in the middle of the screen. So I started looking for something else, and saw the 55eh6070 from bestbuy that is basically the eh6000 with 3d. It looked like a good deal, but when I brought it home I discovered the stand didn't swivel and the wife wanted that feature so we can watch it from the side from the kitchen when needed. Didn't even have a chance to check out the PQ, but it felt like the TV was cheaply made. So now that I've tried the mid level and low level LED TV's I wanted to see what the next level will bring. So I got the 55eh7150 from Costco, and it looks like this is a keeper. The Picture just pops, don't get me wrong the 6550 is good but once I saw the 7150 I don't think I can go back. I also don't need the 3d and smart apps if possible to save money, but you won't get this PQ without paying for those features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts