AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input either way?

The picture quality on both sets is very nice, not sure I can go wrong with either one, but was looking for some input.

Was not able to find any comparasions between the two with the search function.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bough the EX710 this week, and I'm *very* happy with it. The NX710 is 50% more $$$ than the EX, so unless you are ready to make the jump into 3D right now, you are paying a huge premium for technology you won't be taking advantage of.

The Vizio is a very nice set, but in my humble opinion, I think it scores a solid 8/10 compared with the EX710's 9/10 and the NX710's 9.5/10.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
I saw the new Sony EX710 at a local electronics store today in 40" and 55" sizes. I was blown away by the picture quality of the 40", but the 55" seemed a bit less crisp from close up. Once I moved back to about 8 feet of the screen, it looked as good as the 40". I guess my point is that depending on the size of the room, bigger may not always be better. Sorry, Davyo, et al.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Sony is a great brand but for the overall value I would go with the Vizio, I looked at it and its a great choice plus from the feedback I get its a good unit.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/19515279

I saw the new Sony EX710 at a local electronics store today in 40" and 55" sizes. I was blown away by the picture quality of the 40", but the 55" seemed a bit less crisp from close up. Once I moved back to about 8 feet of the screen, it looked as good as the 40". I guess my point is that depending on the size of the room, bigger may not always be better. Sorry, Davyo, et al.

Jim,

We all know how it goes trying to compare tv in a showroom...

My very first high def tv was about 10 yrs ago. Went from a 31" CRT Mits to a 55" rear proj and within a week I was sorry I didn't go with the 65". Too late, in those days the only reason they would exchange/take back a tv was for defects that were not reparable. So I had to stay with the dinky tv until something better,brighter and BIGGER came out...the infamous Sony XBR1 :)

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I prefer Sony but if your that uncertain buy with generous return rights (like Costco) where you can reverse any buyers remorse after getting it home for an audition.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
westa6969 thats not nice
What are retailers supposed to do then. Kidding I agree completely! You should be able to return the unit if you dont like it no questions asked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts