AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking for peoples opinions on the following receivers. I have done so much research, my vision is blurring..Thanks,

I'm going to get one of the following...

Pioneer VSX-9140TXH

Yamaha HTR-6295

Onkyo TX-NR807

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
They're all solid receivers. The Onkyo NR807 has all the HD radio features and the ethernet port.

You must be in Canada. Because the 9140 is basically Elite 23 in the USA and I read somewhere the 6295 was available at Futureshop or another Canadian vendor.

You probably can't go wrong with any of them. If you like the Net radio features of the Onkyo get that, if you need the dual HDMI outputs of the 9140 get that one. I don't know the advantages of the 6295 as it is a new model.

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
Okay, after viewing the 2065 I see it has internet radio also plus two HDMI outputs. That looks like a great receiver too.

What's the price difference between the 3?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of today, the Pioneer is $899, with $300 off and the other two are $1299. There are usually sales all the time that cycle, so the yam and the onk will most likely go on sale within a month?

I am leaning toward the 6295 as it has network, USB and 2 HDMI outs. The 9140 has no network, and the 807 has 1 HDMI out and no USB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts