AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wanted me to tape Mary Hartman tonight. It's only on this weekend, tonight (!) the episodes he wants.

So I am using a universal remote Phillips Magnavox REM400. Zones is programmed to the "2" key. So if I type in 243 Zones, it just goes to Channel 2432. I even tried moving the Zones (2) key to a FC1 key...no go, same thing.

My original Replay remote is DOA.

I tried altering the setup, changing my settings, which sometimes causes a reconnect, but it keeps skipping the reconnect.

Why do I want to reconnect? Because I went to my channel guide and...no shows! Every single day and time is blank. I have never had this happen before. In fact, when I do a word search for Mary, it ends in a millisecond..nothing found.

Any suggestions on how to net connect? I think if that happens maybe the show info will download.

Help!

Frank

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have a home network Replay

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
You could run out to Radio Shack and get a remote with the Replay codes already programmed...

Do you have a pal with a Replay that you could borrow the remote from to do a Zones connect?

Just two thoughts,

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
remotes that are not purchased from RTV will not contain all functions necessary to control the RTV. By the proper equipment for your replay tv and you will be happier!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smcmahan
remotes that are not purchased from RTV will not contain all functions necessary to control the RTV. By the proper equipment for your replay tv and you will be happier!
Actually, there are quite a few learning remotes that ship with most Replay codes. You can also program many remotes using JP1 cable to have all the Replay codes.

See this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=36705

I use a RadioShack 15-1994 and love it. It is a far better remote than my original Replay remote. I have it programmed to control my Replay(s), surround sound receiver, tv, dvd, vcr, dish receiver, and x-10 devices.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Change you zip code and cable, sat provider, or what ever to something totally different. Let it download. When done then change it to what it is suppose be. You will have your Guide data back without doing a forced net connect or buying more remotes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can't help about the remote - there are folks here much, much more knowledgable at I. But my Showstopper has done the same with the guide. Twice in the last month.

The Message Log had 2 entries for this week saying there was a problem connecting, but obviously it had had the problem all week because my guide ran out today at 4:30pm. A net connect did not fix it. Each time, I had to change to an alternate phone number and then the net connect worked. The primary number for Albuquerque was no longer, it was a fast busy the first time it happened. Wasn't the case this time, as it was connecting and then was immediately disconnected.

Don't trust the messages, they don't always say when there is a problem. Maybe Replay wants me to upgrade?:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.