AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a little OT, but I can check DMA for my Hitachi DVD ROM, and it stays checked when I reboot, but when it is checked, the DVDROM dont quite work right. None of the files open, and when I try to copy to my hard drive, it only copys folders, not the files inside. If i click on an app on my DVDROM, it errors with "(file name) is not a valid win32 application". If i uncheck DMA and reboot, everything is fine. But my DVD playback is choppy. I have win98se, ATI AIW Radeon, I flashed my BIOS, etc. It is a shuttle hot661 with intel 440bx chipset and a 450 P2. Anyone have any ideas ? I think it may be the MOBO, but I would like to be sure before I buy a new one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OLK

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well this is possibly my 1st useful posting to this board. I spent all weekend on this problem and I finally fixed it. First, I did a search and came up with some stuff that did not work. I saw someone mention disabling UDMA but someone else replied not to do that because of HD performance issues. so I left it alone. for a couple days. Anyways, I finally tried disabling UDMA on the secondary master IDE and viola, my problem gone. no HD issues because it is still enabled on HD channel.

Maybe this will help somebody.

keywords bios ide dma udma

PS I went to school for computers and this hobby has taught me more than any teachers did.

OLK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.