AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help me. I have two elliptical dishes one pointing to 101 and one pointing to "119". I have this set up because I have trees. With the dish I get a consistent 95 sig. on 101 but I keep getting the wrong sat. for 119 on the second dish my zip code is 19151. What should my tilt, elevation, and azimuth be to point to just 119? Since I am not trying to get 101 on the second dish I believe I should not have a tilt at all. Please help I need to watch the Sopranos in HD and the season is ticking away.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DarthJedi:
What should my tilt, elevation, and azimuth be to point to just 119? Since I am not trying to get 101 on the second dish I believe I should not have a tilt at all.
Zip Code: 19151 PO Name: Philadelphia (PA)

Population (1990): 36265

Longitude of Satellite in degrees:119

Your longitude in degrees:75.3

Your latitude in degrees:40.0

Azimuth of Satellite: 236.1°

Elevation of Satellite: 25.8°

The azimuth is in reference to the boom arm, not the LNBs. And yes, you do need to set the azimuth, elevation, and tilt for your area (use the remote and receiver to look-up the settings using the oval dish)[The azimuth and elevation will be different than the ones I posted, which is for a single dish].

P.S. Make sure you have the dual LNB in the 119° slot [top view, Left Side].

------------------

Wendell

Technical Services Supervisor

MAETV

[This message has been edited by Wendell R. Breland (edited 04-01-2001).]

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is this for Dish Network or DirecTV?

Be sure to do a "check switches" so the system can understand your switch arrangement. Otherwise, the "wrong sat" may be the 110 sat that you already found.

BTW, why 2 elliptical dishes? You should have simple round dishes with 1 LNB each. Perhaps your switch arrangement is too confusing for the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.