AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding a screen to fit my needs. So I have my image size currently displayed on my wall just so I dont get it too big. I dont want to have to move my head to watch tv. Here are the specs of just the image size. 112.5 Diag, 103.5 Horizontal, and 44.5 height approx. So I need a screen that can come close to this. I called one online store and they say they carry 99% of Stewart screen and they didnt have one that would meet my needs. This seems weird to me, but I could be wrong. I would like a permanent screen, as in not a pull down. I dont need any electric moving parts, and 99% will be in 16:9. Any suggestions??

Thanks

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
carada makes any size you want too

·
Registered
9,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm87 /forum/post/18157959

Where do I order it from? I went to their site and just got dealers.

call avscience

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm87 /forum/post/18155748

Here are the specs of just the image size. 112.5 Diag, 103.5 Horizontal, and 44.5 height approx.I dont need any electric moving parts, and 99% will be in 16:9.

The OP seems inconsistent to me. The image size specified is close to 2.35:1 ('scope), yet you say that 99% will be in 16:9 (1.78:1 or HDTV). If most of your viewing will be in 16:9, I would think you should get a 16:9 screen.

You may find my Easy Calculator useful for understanding aspect ratio and image size (second link below).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basically how I gor this measurement is I played a movie and changed the projector to the desired size. Then I just measured the picture and that is what I came up with. I am not measuring the black bars at the top and bottom, is that correct?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm87 /forum/post/18173226

Basically how I gor this measurement is I played a movie and changed the projector to the desired size. Then I just measured the picture and that is what I came up with. I am not measuring the black bars at the top and bottom, is that correct?

Clearly you were watching a CinemaScope (2.35:1) movie if you had top and bottom black bars. If you plan to watch mostly 16:9, 16:9 video is what you should base your screen size on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.