AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everywhere I go they have no estimated shipping dates either. What's going on with the Elite, has anybody heard how long it's going to be before they will be available?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Its the same situation across all of North America from what I see. Nothing but the dang 'arcade' edition everywhere

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yep none around here. I ordered mine from Amazon. Got here in a few days no tax and got a Falcon chipset even.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatjuan /forum/post/12880349

Everywhere I go they have no estimated shipping dates either. What's going on with the Elite, has anybody heard how long it's going to be before they will be available?

I was at the Fry's @635 and Macarthur in Irving and they had a few.

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is strange. I checked Bestbuy and Circuit City in the Frisco area and sold out... how on earth did that happen at this time of year?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgibo1 /forum/post/12887020

That is strange. I checked Bestbuy and Circuit City in the Frisco area and sold out... how on earth did that happen at this time of year?

Easy:

1- they're built in China

2- they ship by boat

3- they sold out all pre-holiday production and probably had to airlift most of the pre-XMAS december production to meet demand

4- they ship by boat

(In other words, post XMAS production is in transit.)

Hey, a january shortage is better than a january dust-covered bloat as has been known to happen to somebody else the past two years...

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatjuan /forum/post/12880349

None in Fort Worth, either. Best Buy @ Ridgmar (Green Oaks Blvd) had them a couple of weeks ago but nothing since. Friend at work purchased one & I had to school him on Falcons and what to look for.

On a related note - Circuit City emp told me they typically get their inventory shipments on Wednesday and Friday, mostly Pros and Arcades. YMMV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/12889202

Easy:

1- they're built in China

2- they ship by boat

3- they sold out all pre-holiday production and probably had to airlift most of the pre-XMAS december production to meet demand

4- they ship by boat

(In other words, post XMAS production is in transit.)

Probably right on the shipping. Hopefully some new hardware on route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuirheid /forum/post/12890005

None in Fort Worth, either. Best Buy @ Ridgmar (Green Oaks Blvd) had them a couple of weeks ago but nothing since.

Yeah, I have swept funky town also. Probably call out to Fry's @ 635 to see if they still have, even though that is a haul for me.

Need an Xbox, having withdrawls going through my second RRoD. Still a loyal customer.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatjuan /forum/post/12890652

Probably right on the shipping. Hopefully some new hardware on route.

Yeah, I have swept funky town also. Probably call out to Fry's @ 635 to see if they still have, even though that is a haul for me.

Need an Xbox, having withdrawls going through my second RRoD. Still a loyal customer.

Well - I at least found an xbox in Fort Worth that wasn't an Arcade. Costco in Southlake had one (1) 'Go Pro' bundled with HALO 3. Pro was a Falcon (175w on the box). This is the first bona fide Falcon I have seen and the first non-Arcade I have seen in over a month.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
If they are coming from China (and built in China...not sure on that one) then production will halt for a month as Chinese New Year is here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts