Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a Sony 400q LCD machine. Arrived yesterday in original box and packaging...set it up and I get a very blurry image...almost see triple ghosting around text in setup menu..setup menu is too blurry to read. Focus ring does have an effect and if I dial all the way to the left it seems to be best but still real blurry..I have zoomed in and out and I am about 7.5 feet from the projection surface. Any Ideas??

Thanx

Nelson

·
Registered
361 Posts
You most likely have silicon contamination on the lens. They use silicon lubricant on the threads of the lens assembly and often this lubricant gets on the lens itself. This is a very common problem. If you go here http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/cgi-...conf=DCConfID1 and search for "silicon", you will find a wealth of information about this problem and how to clean your lens.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Actually, a search with silicon does not produce anything relevant...is there a solution you can post? Cannot really tell by looking if anything is on the lens.

Thanx

Nelson

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to finish up this thread. It is fixed and picture is beautiful. The lens assembly had moved forward during shipping. Had to dig to get to the screws that keep it from skating back and forth but found a sweet spot and secured focus assembly. Fine now.

·
Registered
884 Posts
First off let me say Nelman was such a pleasure to deal with. I unmounted my 400Q perfectly working by the way and placed it in the Sony factory box. Dense foam and all. Sent the projector to Nelman 2 day Fedex.

When it arrived we spoke on the phone and to my shock the 400Q was not working. After Nelman trying a couple of things to no avail I offered him a full refund. Him being the person and HT enthusiast he is said he respected the fact that I offered the refund and was determined to get the 400Q back on it's feet.

He spent a lot of time taking the unit down to find the lens had shifted. Fixing the projector and contacting me with the good news. I have got to say that out of this nightmare came a great ending. Nelman got my or should say his baby back up and running. It does my heart good to hear a CRT guy say the picture is beautiful.

Nelman only rarely have I meet people like yourself . You took the time to go the extra mile and exhibited trust that is rarely seen these days.Fate would have it that after the mishap the projector would land in the hands of a capable person to fix it ! Cheers Nelman Johnathan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.