AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through countless threads in here about how to set up my replaytv 5000 to work with IVS all with no luck. I have set a static IP address for my replaytv, tried countless numbers of ports for incoming shows, all of which I opened on my D-Link DI-604 router. I even ran the IVS test and it said it should be working. I have to believe it's something I am doing wrong on the router but I have no idea what it could be, is there anyone else with the router that has an ideas what I could be doing wrong?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
This is from my experience with the 614, but the problem may be the same...

Dlink has a port forwarding thing that is NOT what you want.

Make sure you are setting up a virtual server (advance tab->virtual server) and not the other port forward thing (can't remember what that is)

Virtual server settings:

private IP - replayTV's static IP

port (priv and pub) - to the value you want for the replay. Pick something large like 50000 or greater.

Protocal - Both

Schedule - Always

Apply

That should be it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response, that's pretty much exactly what I have been doing so far on the router. although haven't tried anything with a port number that high. will give it a try when I get home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by landale
I even ran the IVS test and it said it should be working.
Which test is that? I've recently written one which I haven't released upon the world yet, am I reinventing the wheel?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Replay lists your port as 55060, updated just a little while ago. Attempting to connect to you at that port results in a connection refused. Not much else I can do - if you have that port on your firewall/router forwarded to the same port on your replay, it should work. Rarely would an ISP block ports over 1024, doing so tends to break lots of things.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by landale
the test is http://replaytvIP:replaytvPort/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo
That's not going to tell you much since using your ReplayTV IP (a LAN IP) takes port forwarding out of the equation. You should try http://WANIP:replaytvPort/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo . If your router supports loopback, this should tell you if things are working or not. Otherwise, you will have to try it from a PC with a different WAN IP because if loopback isn't supported that test won't work even if things are set up correctly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I finally have it working, I know everyone said I should have everything set via the virtual server but I also set it up under the firewall setting and I think it might be working now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.