AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need your help. I have Compaq Presario X1000 laptop with 15.4" wide screen and Radeon Mobility 9200 video card. The laptop screen has 1280x800 native resolution. I try to connect it via VGA to my Panasonic 50LC13 LCD tv which has 1280x720 resolution. I added the custom resolution 1280x720 (with Powerstrip help), but when I select it, my screen is like 800x600 and I have to pan around to see parts of it. What am I doing wrong? I uninstalled Powerstrip and installed Rage3D Tweak 3.9, but it doesn't seem to help. I can see the [email protected] resolution on the custom display modes list, and it's green which means it's available, but this resolution is not working properly for me. What can I do?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Since nobody has responded, I am taking a stab at it (unfortunately, I am no expert here…)

My guess is that it has something to do how the Displays/Monitors are set up, not with the drivers. Go to right click on Desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced/Displays. There you should see both of your displays listed (the notebook display and your TV). Here comes already the “no expert partâ€: play around with the settings for both displays (click on either Monitor/ TV/ FPD to get to the settings behind…) and see if this helps. My guess is that the TV is not properly recognized by the video card, thinking the TV is not capable of such high resolution and hence limiting the signal to a 1280x720 pan.

Another trick that could work: install this Sony GDM-W900 monitor driver where your TV is currently listed: Device Manager/Monitors/Driver/Update Driver/Install from specific location/Don’t Search…/Uncheck Show compatible hardware/ then select this Sony from the menu….

Hope this helps!

______

Axel

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm not sure Powerstrip supports laptop GPUs (I could be wrong though). When PS doesn't work right, you get a virtual desktop (what your getting- when you can scroll the screen). I do know that Rage3D tweak does support the Mobility. Try uninstalling PS and your drivers, reinstalling the drivers, and installing Rage3D Tweak. It will let you unlock 720p @60hz (can't tweak it though).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.