Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a problem I had fixed before but have forgotten - I'm pretty sure it's straightforward:

I'm running a Radeon 9800 Pro with a Samsung 240T monitor via DVI (digital) on WinXP. The rest of my machine is homebuilt Asus 266 nForce, nothing special.

My problem is that the highest resolution 'supported' by WinXP and therefore games is 1280x1024. I can get more resolutions by unchecking the 'Hide modes my monitor can't display' and then I can select 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 for my desktop. However, they do not appear as modes in games or anything that uses DirectX.

I've gon into the registry and changed the max res definitions for the Samsung 240T after having installed the latest driver, but to no avail.

I'm sure that this is easily fixable, and I recall having this problem a while ago, but don't recall. Incidentally I got the Tweak3d utility and it says 1920x1200 is inactive when I select it.

Any help most appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.