AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I can’t seem to figure this one out. I have an older JVC 27†TV with component and s-video inputs. It does not support progressive video or any form of high-definition. My JVC DVD player looks great on it, however, using component inputs. I can’t get any of my ATI cards to work with the TV using component cables though. I’ve tried the 8500 with the HDTV adapter, and now I have the 9700 All in Wonder which has native component output support. It comes with two cables, 1 has s-video and composite, the other cable has component. You can use either of the cables in the video out port and still keep the DVI port free for other uses (unlike the DVI to HDTV adapter the 8500 series uses). Supposedly, this means that it will also work in DOS and in the BIOS, etc., also unlike the 8500. Doesn’t matter which card I use, my TV never gets a video signal. It doesn’t exactly stay on the blue background either though that it uses when it doesn’t have a video signal. The blue background kinda has a wavy look to it, and every now and then will switch quickly to a black background and back when I reboot the computer and plug/unplug the cables. So I know I have the video inputs set correct. Does the ATI component output only work with TVs that support progressive video or something? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Aaron

Aaron D. Priest
[email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.