AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I had to reformat my comp and as such I lost my dvarchive. I just downloaded it again and I can't get it to open. Whenever I try to open it from the program list it tells me that the comp can't open a jar file. Since I am clearly doing something wrong, could somebody point me in the right direction here? Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm no expert with Java, but "Can't open .xxx" normally means Windows is not configured to associate certain files types with an application, either because its not installed, or there's was a configuration conflict/problem. So, it sounds to me like either Java is not installed, or Windows is not configured to associate .jar files with Java.

Of course, I could be way off base.

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin526
Hey all. I had to reformat my comp and as such I lost my dvarchive. I just downloaded it again and I can't get it to open. Whenever I try to open it from the program list it tells me that the comp can't open a jar file. Since I am clearly doing something wrong, could somebody point me in the right direction here? Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved. Java was not installed. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.