AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I download my channels for replaytv. I got a listing of them, but don't have the local channels coming up. I manual go to my local channels, but it doesn't work.. Everything else comes up (Pay Per View, HBO, etc). What can i do. Secondly, is there any way to improve the quality of the picture. Looks bad in comparison the Directv. Thanks

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Do you have version 3.0? Are your locals in the 900s or do they match the local over-the-air numbers? If you answered yes to these questions then you can go into setup and choose "directv with locals".

You need to have version 3.0 to do this.

The video quality should be nearly identical to Directv in high quality recordings. -mk

ps. you should read the FAQ. -mk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't know what version i have.. looked at FAQ.. couldn't find the info i needed.. did a search here for my question and didn't get anything. The local channels are not in the 900's, they are the same local over the air numbers

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Did you do a search? I remember answering these same questions. Vesion 2 has a small menu screen at the bottom of the screen. Version 3 has a large menu screen that takes up almost the whole screen. You can also check by 243-zones. If you don't have version 3 yet you have to wait for it to download. -mk

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
To get the current version of your Replay software, go to a live channel, and hit '411' and then ReplayZones button.

If you have version 3.0, then when you do the setup, you have the option of selecting "DirecTV" or "DirecTV with Locals". This will cause your local channels to show up in the Replay Channel Guide under the same channel numbers as you would get them off-the-air.

If they're not showing up, you might need to go through the setup again for your DirecTV input.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay.. thanks for all the info you guys have provided for me.. I will try it later.. Currently doing a manual recording, so will try it tomorrow. However, right now I noticed that I do get the local channels on my replaytv. I would flip through the channels with my Directv remote (can't find the right code for the IR blaster), and find that my local channels would work. But when I look through the channel guide it isn't there. Will try the method posted first and keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.